To address this, American Express has created "Big Data Labs", which will be composed of world class research scientists and engineers focused on developing novel ML / IR / data mining techniques along with large scale optimization. Located in Bangalore, our research scientists have the opportunity to work on real, large scale, offline + online data that is unique in the world. Big Data Labs offers one-of-a-kind opportunity which includes coming up with imaginative ways of correlating and combining the two disparate data & inventing new techniques for prediction, targeting, personalization, risk & fraud modeling on a powerful distributed computing platform (Hadoop).
· Work with research scientists to develop, prototype and test novel machine learning and information retrieval methods that work effectively on online and offline data
· Conduct experimentation and analysis to determine effectiveness of techniques and devise improvements
· Design and develop modeling tools for large scale data mining that can become software platforms to be used by others
· Engage in prototyping of novel ideas that are guided by business and relevant to the payment industry.
· M.S. or B.S. (with relevant work experience) in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Operations Research / Statistics
· Prior experience in machine learning, information retrieval and data mining would be a plus.
Prior expertise in large scale data analysis, visualization will also be valued, especially hands on experience in using Hadoop and related tools would be a plus.
·Demonstrated proficiency in one of Java / C / C++ and / or in a scripting language Perl / Python is required.
·Must be highly motivated and energetic, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Primary Location: India-Karnataka-Bangalore
You may view the latest post at