Procurian is seeking a Capital Equipment Strategic Procurement Professional to provide full, life cycle procurement support of business driven projects in Manufacturing Equipment and Construction Services for Fortune 500 companies. In this capacity, you will be based in Procurian's Hyderabad, India office, and will have frequent interaction with team members and customers globally in the execution of projects that help customers achieve significant value in the form of improved pricing, quality, delivery, supplier performance and other aspects of total cost.
Specifically, you will:
- Help our customers address urgent and critical business initiatives and lead multiple capital acquisition projects by providing strong procurement support.
- Be responsible for managing RFQs and negotiating purchases and contracts for capital goods and services, across multiple industries and geographies, on behalf of Procurian customers.
- Build, foster and maintain key business relationships with customer stakeholders within Procurement and Engineering.
- Communicate frequently and professionally with key customer stakeholders and facilitate and lead project and program status meetings.
- Be the Category Lead for Capital Sourcing for specific customer accounts, working closely with the PMO team.
- Perform supplier research and identification and perform RFQ analyses such as detailed TCO calculations, lease vs. buy analysis, Pay Back Period/NPV analysis etc.
- Participate in Program Development initiatives aimed at improving productivity and efficiency of the team to support company and account growth.
- Offer creative solutions to support sourcing projects and achieve desired results.
- Gain exposure to all aspects of the capital sourcing process, starting with the Budgeting process and culminating in Negotiations and Contracting
- Opportunity to lead truly global, high visibility projects working with team members and customer stakeholders in other regions – EMEA, APJ, Latin America
- Lead multiple challenging projects with aggressive timelines across industries and geographies
- Expand and enhance supplier and customer management skills
- Improve project management discipline
- Deepen category-expertise and knowledge specific to capital goods and services and bring added value to sourcing projects and advance career development
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to deliver significant results
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Procurement experience in fields such as construction, manufacturing and capital equipment acquisition will be a plus
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple end-to-end acquisition project cycles
- Strong work ethic and motivation and the ability to challenge the status-quo
- Significant proven competency in contracting/negotiation processes and best practices
- Solid understanding of and experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Proficiency with Excel and Access
- Process oriented with excellent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Knowledge of procurement operations
- Shift: 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM IST
You may view the latest post at