Total Exp:- 12+ years
Job Location:- Noida, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai.
* Strong solution development aptitude and analytical bent of mind in the Platform infrastructure services space.
* Ability to define, articulate, estimate and cost the complete Platform domain solution.
* Comfortable with the following Technical Areas:
* Servers: Both x86 and RISC
* Virtualization – server virtualization (VMware, Citrix, AIX LPARs, Solaris Containers, etc.)
* Storage (SAN / NAS): Midrange / Enterprise storage arrays (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp, etc.).
* Backup: Tape and Disk based solutions – (Symantec NetBackup, Tivoli
Storage Manager, EMC – Avamar and Data Domain). Databases: MS SQL,
* Knowledge of storage virtualization, storage optimization, thin
provisioning, de-duplication, replication technologies. Familiarity with
Information Lifecycle Management.
* Data Center Design: Awareness of data center operations, tiering and hosting.
* Data Center Transformation: Server and Storage/Backup consolidation and move.
* Monitoring and management tools for servers, storage/backup
* Sizing concepts: Infrastructure (HW) sizing for ISVs (such as ERP
application – SAP, Oracle), HA and DR Solutions and other Infrastructure
services – Active Directory, File & Print, Backup capacity, etc.
* Knowledge of Platform solution components licensing – OS, Clustering, Virtualization, Databases, Storage, Backup, etc.
* Architect experience in the above mentioned technical areas.
Experience with design and developing conceptual, logical, and technical
* Economic analysis – TCO, ROI & feasibility assessments
* Awareness of latest and emerging technologies (such as: cloud,
converged networking, software defined data center) & its solution
* Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) Knowhow & Experience.
* Experience in presales function (techno-commercial) is a must – should have worked on costs and the technical solution
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Demonstrates Leadership and takes complete solution ownership of platform domain for the RFI/RFP response.
* Ability to provide technical solution for transforming from current
state of operation to a more appropriate and standard environment.
* Provide the end-to-end technical solution and costing as part of a bid or proposal.
* Obtain solution signoffs from the delivery groups.
* Act as a Presales Technical Consultant to the customer – perform
presentations relating to technical solution, participation in Due
* Assist in the development of functional group processes, activities and products that support bid activity.
You may view the latest post at