Technical Associate – IIS / .NET - TRI000M0
The IIS / .NET specialist performs operational and environment support for the IIS / .NET platforms and associated applications in a range of business portfolios. Responsibilities involve the daily troubleshooting and resolution of incidents, operational maintenance and support, application and environment change control, and proactive/preventative analysis of systems. Post-holder performs systems operations and analysis across complex hosted IIS environments including shared and clustered environments, and provides consultation to other teams within Ernst and Young including, but not limited to, architecture, development, and project management.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to platforms and/or application environments.
• Execution of application and/or platform changes, releases, and service requests in supported environments.
• Execution of application environment tasks as required for incident resolution
• Determination of root cause of platform specific incidents
• Liaise with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve major incidents.
• Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems.
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of application environments.
• Performing audits and analysis of application environments for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
• Identifying dependencies and pre-requisites for the solution and validation of non-functional attributes of the application environment design.
• Integrating new infrastructure services based on designs, and participating in automation, consolidation, and centralization projects.
• Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
• Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
• Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft) for escalation of issues
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
• Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Required technical experience & qualifications
• Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server O/S
• Demonstrable knowledge of IIS6, IIS7, and .NET
• Understanding of n-Tier application environments in complex or enterprise level environments
• General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
• Conceptual understanding of LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory
• Conceptual understanding of application, authentication, and encryption protocols i.e. SSL, SOAP, Kerberos, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Clustering technologies.
• Experience monitoring server capacity and processes to ensure maximum availability
• Experience integrating internal and public/ internet facing applications
• Familiarity with scheduled jobs and job monitoring tools such as Control-M
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to systems i.e. remote tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Experience supporting applications, platforms, and/or services in clustered, federated, shared and/or virtual environments
• General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
Desired technical experience & qualifications
• Conceptual understanding of peripheral hardware such as load balancers, WAN optimizers, etc.
• Conceptual knowledge relating to IIS to SQL/Oracle connectivity in an application environment
• Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon
• Conceptual understanding of networking hardware (switches, routers, etc.)
• Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS
• Participate in a fixed shift pattern/on-call rotation
• Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours on occasion
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team structure, but also independently
• Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable productivity
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in English language – written and verbal
At least 1-2 years of experience in complex Windows and IIS/ .NET application environments
ITIL Foundation Certification
You may view the latest post at